Wednesday, October 14, 2009

More Modifications

First off, I want to say that this bike is my daily ride. I have to fit my modifications in between riding, working more than full time, and spending time with my family. Also, I'm not a rich person either, I have to budget the money to do the mods I make as well. It's a work in progress. I honestly can't say I wasn't happy with how the real turn signals came out. I plan on changing the entire tail of the bike anyway, so bolting them into the stock location would have to do for now.
I did like the way the way the front of the bike looked. However I didn't like having to clean all the bugs off my gauges. The wind blast while riding that was hitting me square in my chest wasn't much fun either. So I decided that a flyscreen would look pretty good and cure both of those problems too. After doing some book research and digging around on the internet, I found a really nice screen, made by Dart, that looked really good and kind of like the ones they had back in the late '60s and 70s. Just one problem. The ZRX came with a bikini fairing, so Dart didn't make one for it. They do make them for the Triumph Bonnieville and Thruxton which has a 7 inch headlight same as what I installed on my Kawasaki. After looking at the pictures on Dart's website of the mounting brackets, I took a chance and ordered one for a Bonnieville. I figured if I had to, I could just make my own brackets. I didn't. It was a perfect fit and went on with any modifications and looked great!

No comments:

Post a Comment